Västernorrland is situated in the middle of Sweden and circa 245,000 inhabitants live here. Taking the train will get you to the capital city of Stockholm in three hours, by plane the journey is approximately 50 minutes.
Here you will experience untouched nature but also cities with shopping and a rich business life. The seasons are clear with bright summer nights, sparkling winter evenings and sunny spring and winter days.
In Västernorrland, it is always close to mountains, forests, seas, rivers and lakes. We have a unique archipelago with peaceful fishing villages and nice sea bathe. Every year, tens of thousands of tourists are attracted to the dramatic landscape of the High Coast taking a hike or climbing.
With us, there is something for everyone, regardless of the season. Several ski resorts, well-maintained snowmobile and hiking trails and golf courses are close at hand. Cultural life is rich and nationally renowned festivals are organized every summer. Here you have great freedom of choice – city life, countryside or living by the coast. Many rivers, lakes and the proximity to the mountains invite you to a rich outdoor life. Here you can find everything you could want in terms of shopping, entertainment, culture and sports.
More information about Västernorrland:
- High Coast (hogakusten.com)
- Örnsköldsvik - the city of contrasts, Örnsköldsvik Municipality (hogakusten.com)
- Visit Sundsvall, Sundsvall Municipality (visitsundsvall.se)
- Sollefteå - the landscape of the steep sandbanks, Sollefteå Municipality (hogakusten.com)
- Visit Kramfors, Kramfors Municipality (kramfors.se)
- Experience Ånge, Ånge Municipality (upplevange.nu)
- Visit Timrå and Destination Sundsvall, Timrå Municipality (timra.se)
- Västernorrland County, Wikipedia (wikipedia.org)